Family Centers offers therapy and support groups for children, adults and families in our Stamford, Greenwich, and Darien locations. Pre-registration is required for all groups. Please contact the appropriate professional for information or to arrange a consultation.
If you would like to meet with a clinician for a therapy session contact, Cheryl Norfleet, Intake Specialist at 203-629-2822.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Group (Remote Group) - Mondays at 7:00 – 8:00pm
Originally created by Marsha Linehan, PhD, DBT is a structured form of behavioral therapy that teaches effective life/coping skills. These skills help clients to learn mindfulness practices, regulate their emotions, improve their interpersonal relations, and develop skills to tolerate distress. DBT groups help people struggling with depression, anxiety, or borderline personality disorder.
Most insurance plans are accepted. A sliding scale fee is available.
The Den for Grieving Kids – 7:00 – 8:00pm two Wednesdays a month
- Once per month participants meet in-person at 40 Arch Street, Greenwich
- Once per month the group meets remotely via Zoom.
Specialized Den Groups Include
- Child/Teen Bereavement Group: Participants are broken into groups by age. Parent/guardian attends an adult group simultaneously.
- Spousal Loss Group: Participants meets for support while their child simultaneously attends a child/teen group.
- Child Loss Bereavement Group: For parents who have lost a child age 33 or younger.
- Young Adult Bereavement Group: For adults aged 19-30 coping with the death of a loved one
- Spanish Language Bereavement Group: For Spanish Speaking adults coping with the death of a loved one
- General Bereavement Group: For adults. Participants must have a family member in another group.
Additional Grief & Bereavement Support Groups
Survivors of Suicide - Tuesdays 11:00 – 12:00pm (Remote)
For those grieving the death of a loved one through suicide
Spousal Bereavement Group - Wednesdays 6:00 -7:00pm (Remote)
For people grieving the loss of a spouse/partner
The fee for each group is $40 per session. A sliding scale fee is available to those who qualify.